Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Writing

It's been awhile since I've been on. Again, life gets in the way. But, I'm trying to jump back in the saddle and write something everyday. This week is going pretty good. Don't ask me about next week. LOL All of the stories on my blog are original works by me. They are as is, likely unedited. The works I share on here are not things I plan to publish. They are just short writings that I do with my writer's group or on my own to get away from working on my novels. Right now, I am doing a complete revision on my first book. It is taking me longer than actually writing the first draft did. I do have a book two first draft complete. Again, it needs revised. I have been studying writing samples and books. Plus, taking in all the excellent advice from fellow member's of the Parkland Writers' Circle.

I am preparing for my first ever NANOWRIMO. Several of the other members have done this before. I have not. I have a tentative outline for book number 3 though. I plan on working on that for NANOWRIMO. 50,000 words in one month. Sounds like a lot. But, I wrote my first two books from July 2015 to august-early September 2015. That's 163,000 words between the two books. Hence the need for revision and polishing and cutting.

Honestly, I don't know if I can do it again. Last time I had my best friend waiting everyday for the next pages of my book. She told me she had to read what happens next and that kept me going. Plus, caffeine, the adventure of something new, as this great need to get the story out. I'm not sure I have that drive in me this time. But, I guess we will find out.

My books are intended for a series of 8 books. Who knows how far I will actually get with all that? But, it's something. I started writing stories when I was in middle school. I never finished them, but it's always been in me. I remember taking a handwritten 43 page story to my teacher in the 7th grade and asking her, "What do you think?" She told me it was a start and not to quit. Also, yes you do have to use quotation marks around everything you speak. LOL. The things you remember.

Wow, how we have evolved since then. Now I can type as quick as I can think. No excuses for not writing. Though, me and my bestie had a word processor and typed our own news stories when we were 14. That was something.

The series I'm working on is planned for 8 books. And I don't know where that will lead or if it will lead anywhere at all. I have several other projects that have taken a back burner. Including, another series which I have planned out as 4 books. But, for me, planning and procrastinating go hand in hand.

We will see where it goes. Thanks for reading

1 comment:

  1. Gah... I love you, Sherry. I'm so happy that you're doing NaNo and that were on this editing journey together! It's nice to know that I'm not alone! lol

    ReplyDelete